“This is an easy recipe for a rum-soaked cake filled with walnuts and a rum glaze.”
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/8 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup rum
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch tube or Bundt pan. Sprinkle nuts over the bottom of the pan.
- Mix together the cake mix, 1/2 cup dark rum, eggs, 1/2 cup water, oil, and vanilla pudding mix. Pour batter over the nuts in the pan.
- Bake for 1 hour. Cool, and invert cake on a serving plate. Prick the top of the cake.
- To Make The Glaze: Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in 1/8 cup water and the 1/2 cup sugar. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove glaze from heat, and stir in 1/4 cup rum. Drizzle and smooth evenly over the top and sides.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2017 Allrecipes.com
Printed From Allrecipes.com 1/23/2017