- 8 Short ribs
- 15 oz. jar Santa Cruz Chili Paste
- 1 tsp. whole allspice, crushed
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1 tsp. black peppercorns, crushed
- 1 tsp. powdered horseradish
- 1 tsp. whole cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp. dry powdered mustard
- 1 tsp. Santa Cruz Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. cumin, ground
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 3 small red peppers
- 1 1/2 oz. white vinegar
- 2 ozs. dry sherry
- 3 drops Wrights Natural Hickory Seasoning
- 2 ozs. Molasses
- Mix all the ingredients, except ribs, in a bowl.
- Place short ribs in a Dutch oven or casserole dish and cover with spice mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 1/2 hours, basting every 20 minutes. Serves eight.
“Remember a meal is done when it looks and tastes good. Don’t forget the robust red wine.” Bon Appetit.
B. T. NOWACKI