Prep Time 25 min Total Time 55 min Servings 6
1 lb bulk chorizo sausage
1 small yellow onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ black beans, drained, rinsed
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (8 oz)
3/4 cup Original Bisquick™ mix
1 1/2 cups milk
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Sliced fresh avocado, chopped fresh tomato, salsa, hot sauce, lime wedges, if desired
- Heat oven to 400°F. In 10-inch cast-iron skillet, cook chorizo, onion and garlic over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until chorizo is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of the black beans; stir remaining black beans into chorizo mixture in skillet along with 1 cup of the cheese.
- In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk and eggs until blended. Pour over mixture in skillet. Top with reserved black beans and remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Top with chopped cilantro. Serve with remaining ingredients.
- Make-Ahead Directions: Make as directed through step 3. Cover and refrigerate up to 12 hours. Uncover, and bake as directed in step 4.