- 3 pounds chuck roast fat trimmed or lamb
- 2/3 cup beef stock or beer
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 small white onion peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 (4-ounce can) chopped green chiles mild or hot ( I used Hatch Green Chile)
- 2-3 chipotles in adobo sauce ( I added 4)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- I added 1 tsp liquid smoke
Cut chuck roast into 2 inch cubes, set aside.
In a food processor or blender add the stock/beer, garlic, onion, green chiles, chipotles, lime juice, apple cider vinegar, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Puree until smooth. Set aside.
Press the SAUTE button. Once the display reads HOT, add the olive oil. Add the chunks of roast and sear until browned on all sides, working in batches if necessary.
Press CANCEL to turn off the heat.
Add the sauce and toss with the chunks of roast to coat the meat.
Lock the lid in place and set the vent to the SEALING position.
Pressure Cook/Manual on HIGH pressure for 60 minutes.
After the cooking time expires, allow for 10 minutes of Natural Pressure Release. Then carefully quick release any remaining pressure by turning the valve to the VENTING position.
Remove the lid and by using two forks, shred the beef.
Remove the bay leaves and stir the shredded beef into the remaining liquid.
I used 4 chipotle peppers. Could have used the entire can as we like spicy.