- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 baking powder
- 1 salt
- 3 olive oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 15 oz. jar Santa Cruz Chili Paste
- 2/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup green olives with pimientos, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degree.
- Grease two 8 inch pans.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Combine oil, milk, egg, and chili paste and mix well. Stir into dry ingredients until just blended, then add onions, and olives and mix.
- Pour into greased pans and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until done.
This pretty bread accompanies any Southwestern dish. Served with Soup it completes the meal, especially light soups like Albondigas.