Serves 6 to 8
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 6 hours 5 minutes
• 3 to 4 pounds pork loin roast
• 2 tablespoons dried oregano
• 2 tablespoons dried basil
• ½ teaspoon black pepper
• ¾ teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
• ½ cup honey
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• ¼ cup soy sauce
• ⅔ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Place the pork loin roast in the inner pot of a slow cooker.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the dried oregano, dried basil, black pepper, salt, minced garlic, honey, soy sauce and Parmesan cheese, and mix well.
3. Pour the sauce over the pork loin roast into the slow cooker.
4. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
5. Remove the cooked pork loin roast from the slow cooker, reserving the liquid. Shred the meat.
6. Add the reserved cooking liquid to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until reduced and thickened.
7. Pour the reduced, thickened sauce over the shredded meat and serve.